Thursday 13 December 2007

Good bye Sydney

My dear friends,

Four mounths ago I came to Australia, full of excitement, insecurity and thoughts. And right now at this moment I am sitting in a Starbucks cafe in the middle of Sydney thinking about what to write about my last days of my time here down under. It's incredible how fast time passed!

I am looking back on a great time, more than I ever expected. I got to know so many new people here, of some of them I have already forgotten the names, some became real friends. I have seen so much beauty and got to know so much new things. Of course it has not always been easy, I had ups and also downs, but that's how life is working! I am really happy that I had the oportunity to experience all these things and I know that this is not self-evident.

From the medical point of view it also was a good experience, though not excellent. Maybe I would have learnt more in an Austrian hospital (I doubt at all...) - However, I still believe that experience abroad is so important for your social and personal development, probably more important than just professional experience.

I have added a new photoalbum with some of my favourite pics and latest shots - hope you enjoy them as I did.

Tomorrow I will travel on - New Zealand I am coming! I will only check out the South Island - already wondering if the New Zealand alps can cope with the Austrian Alps. ;)
First stop is Queenstown, my take off point for the Milford track - a 4 day hike in pure wilderness - I am really looking forward to that...

Ok mates, I will keep you up to date how laid back the kiwis really are, best wishes in the meantime and of course happy x-mas!

Andi

1 comment:

Fifoxtasy said...

diesmal gar keine photos? :(

couldn't agree more on what you said about experience

philipp